Thursday 28 January 2010

Classic films, c units, frogs in boxes and pub landlording!

It appears as if I bothered somebody with my "Gavin from Autoglass is a cunt" comment, as he/she/heshe (anonymously I might add) said, and I quote "your a cunt! like most people from llandundo." Now I replied with the obvious statement which is "Where is llandundo?" and added that this 'anonymous' may in fact be Gavin from Autoglass, alas it turns out that this potential child abuser is not famous and is in fact (just like Gavin from Autoglass) a cunt!!

My fianceeeeee (never sure how many e's there should beeeee!) has, as it turns out a spectacular amount of classic films that she has yet to see. Now as a lover of films (don't want to say film buff, sounds like I'm vying for Jonathan Ross' job!) I find it amazing that she has yet to see films like (this list is gonna make you raise your eyebrows and gasp!) :-

Blues Brothers
Spinal Tap
Usual Suspects
Godfather Trilogy
Scarface (Best film EVER!!)

So as a consequence to this I have started making a comprehensive list and if need be will strap her to a chair and force her to watch them!! I still love her though, just wish she would stop watching wierd Japanese cartoons and see Goodfellas. No real point to that, just wanted to say it!

Should be Pub signing day today but has been put back a few days due to a couple of small issues with the lease so planned opening day of 5th Feb may be put back but of course I will let y'all know, regardless of opening day pencil in 13th Feb as party night, we have the mighty Box of Frogs playing at the Keys and it is going to be an amazing night, I say again, Saturday 13th February, do it, do it now!!

I would like to throw a mention to people who I know have read my blog and say thanks and please keep on reading as I enjoy receiving feedback (good or bad) as much as writing them (however criticise it and you will be labelled a child abuser 'see above')

A little on LFC (scroll down girls) we beat Spurs 2-0 despite Dirka Dirka (Kuyt, if you didn't get that!) scoring twice he missed about 3 glaring chances, Lucas was toss as always however it was an all round decent performance by the team and should have been a platform to go on (how many times has an LFC fan sad that this season!) but we went to play Wolves, had Gerrard back in the team so no problem.

But of course we had a shit game and drew 0-0. I am still considering switching allegiances to rugby (especially as the Celtic Crusaders are playing home games at Wrexham, I shall be there on Friday night, plus its live on Sky so look out for me) but for now I will continue to support the Reds!

It seems as though this blog has turned into a rant so i'll end on a positive note, watched 'In Treatment' last night and absolutely loved it, (cue a quick review) Gabriel Byrne plays a psychiatrist and the series follows his meetings with clients, it is set exclusively in his office so is very script based but it has already made a huge impression on me, so to summarise....watch it!

Peace,

Marcus.

P.S. I trust you have all now watched Full Metal Jacket!!

4 comments:

  1. Good stuff dude. I've seen all those films.


    Gavin from Autoglass is a cunt. I can't believe all that went down on my birthday. What a cunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah Happy Birthday mate, wasn't privy to that information before but will try and remember for next year (no chance!!)

    and cheers Bob!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must admit that I too suffer from having not seen a number of key works of cinematography, including most of what's on Fayes list. However, I do consider myself a great lover of film, it is a most befuddling phenomena.

    ReplyDelete